Monday, April 13, 2020

Beautiful Bald Koreans with Tats

Before moving to Korea, I didn’t feel one way or the other about men with facial hair, bald heads or tattoos (as long as they weren’t on the face).  There, however, almost everyone is clean shaven and tattoos are still seen by some as taboo.  Bald heads are more likely to be seen on old men than young men who have shaved their heads.  With so much sameness every day, a guy with a little mustache and goatee stands out.  The same for a young man with tats or a shaved head.  If you walk around Itaewon on a Saturday or Sunday night, you’ll see more than a few of them.  I suspect that most of them are kyopos. 



Although this is not a look I was previously into, I became attracted to it.  When I mentioned this to Samantha, she said it made sense.  I’m not into prepubescent looking men.  I like men who display secondary sex characteristics.  I cracked up at her comment, but there’s some truth to it.  The Korean beauty ideal for men is not what the West would describe as particularly masculine.  And while I may not be trying to date Mr. Olympia, I do appreciate masculine traits in a man.    

No comments:

Post a Comment