Thursday, April 30, 2020

Incompetent Managers at English Village


Today I was scheduled to teach baking.  Got to Building 9 and TWO classes are already up there.  I go and tell ‘Jason’ (‘Alice’ is standing by his desk). Before he has a chance to answer, she jumps in with her nasty tone talking about “there’s a misunderstanding” and I should go back to class.  Kimmy’s class will go back to the classroom.  By then, we’re 15 minutes into the period…not enough time for a baking class.  I understand that ‘Jason’ prevailed because ‘Alice’ double booked and fouled up the schedule yet again—misunderstanding, my ass. 

I return to B9 and do what I can to do a speed class with my group.  Of course, they want to goof off.  By the way, there is no brownie mix, so we make scones.  They miss break time because we only got the pans into the oven at the top of the hour.  I get my next group and get things started.  Forget about the scones left in the oven ‘til it’s too late.  Ran into the kitchen where Aaron is with his class, and the scones are all burnt.  So after I’ve taught all my classes for the day, I eat dinner and go back to the kitchen to make three batches of scones to give the students from Room 203 tomorrow. 

Oh, and ‘Alice’ dragged her fat ass all the way up to the second floor of B9 to accusingly question Aaron about where he was supposed to be.  Since he didn’t have the schedule with him he couldn’t give a sure answer.  This broad makes scheduling mistakes regularly, but had the nerve to try to put the blame on somebody else.  I was glad for him when it turned out that he was in the right place according to the schedule. 

We get next week’s schedule.  It says I should teach baking “scorns” (ha!).  There’s a problem.  Next week I’ll have the same students.  They can’t make the same thing again.  I tell ‘Jason’ that he needs to order brownie mix.  He says I should make hot dogs.  I tell him that I don’t eat meat nor do I know how to prepare it, so I guess it will be scones again.  He pulls a face and walks out of my room.* 

By the way, he interrupted my class to come tell me that-----well, two things, really.  The other was that the principal of the students who I was teaching was coming to observe my class in a few minutes.  The bulk of the teacher-led part was over, so I was forced to stretch it out for when he came to observe.  Observations are never done that late into the period, but how would he know?  Yet, he manages teachers.

July 21, 2014

*Brownie mix magically appeared in the kitchen the next week. 


No comments:

Post a Comment